VAT registration or Value added tax registration was introduced to replace sales tax. It is levied on each entity of the supply chain.
Who has to pay VAT (Value Added Tax)?
Any manufacturing and product selling business has to pay VAT (Value Added Tax).
How to register for VAT (Value Added Tax)?
- Submit an application for VAT (Value Added Tax) in form 1 to the local tax authority
- Inspection will be conducted at the office address to verify
- After inspection, fee needs to be paid
- On payment, tin number will be allotted and a VAT (Value Added Tax) registration certificate will be provided.
What documents are required for VAT (Value Added Tax) registration?
Documents are required for VAT(Value Added Tax) registration
The following are required for VAT (Value Added Tax):
- Central Sales Tax registration certificate(Form A)
- Professional tax registration certificate(Form 2)
- Copy of important documents such as the address proof, ID proof of the Proprietor/Partner/Director
- Four Pass Port size photographs of the Proprietor/Partner/Director
- PAN (Permanent Account Number) No. & Bank Account No of the Proprietor/Partner/Director
- Copy of the rental agreement of the business place
- Details of business activities
- Partnership deed (in case of a partnership firm)
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association (in case of a Private Limited company)
How much time is required for VAT (Value Added Tax) registration?
Time for registration of VAT (Value Added Tax).
Generally it takes 10-15 working days to register.
How much it costs to register for VAT (Value Added Tax)?
Costs of registration for VAT (Value Added Tax).
For proprietorship cost is approx RS. 6000 .