Professional tax is a tax which is taken by the state government. This tax is levied upon the income earned by any trader in any business. Maximum amount of tax levied by state can be RS. 2500. Different states have different tax slabs.
How to Register for Professional Tax?
- Apply for the Registration Certificate at your state’s tax department
- If you have more than one place of work, apply separately to each authority concerned
Documents required for Professional Tax
- Memorandum of Association,
- List of Directors and their proofs,
- Number of employees working during the financial year and
- A copy of Board Resolution
Time taken for Professional Tax
Generally it takes about 10-15 working days.
Cost of Professional tax registration
Cost varies vendor to vendor. Generally ranges from INR 2000-4000 .