(procedure,Documents,Time and cost)
The following is the procedure to be followed for the appointment of director:
- It is important to ensure that the articles of association contain a clause that ensures power/authority to appoint additional director. If the articles do not contain any such clause, it needs to be altered.
- DIN needs to be obtained for the new director by submitting in form DIR-3
- Form DIR-2 needs to be filed which is a consent letter to act as director
- Also file form DIR-8 which contains intimation by director
- Company is required to file form DIR-12 within 30 days from the date of passing resolution. DIR-2 and DIR-8 needs to be attached to DIR-12.
- Disclosure of interest in form MBP-1
- Company needs to hold a board meeting to pass board resolution for the appointment of director and authorize someone to file e-forms on behalf of company.
- Issue letter of appointment
- File e-form MGT-14
Documents required for appointment of director:
- Form DIR-2
- Form DIR-8
Time taken is 1-2 months.
Cost ranges from INR 3000-5000 (approx).