(process ,time and cost of CST )
Central Sales Tax is a tax on sale of goods which is levied by the central government of India. CST is applicable on inter-state sales.
Process of registration
- Apply in state to the concerned authority in form A. the following details are to be given:
- Name of manager
- Name of proprietor/ partner/ director
- Date of establishment
- Date of first inter-state sales
- Name of principal place of business
- Details of any license if held
- If the dealer deals from one place of business, he will apply for cst from the state
- If there are more than one places for business, a principal business place has to be selected and get one certificate of registration
- Pay fees
Time taken for CST
Time taken for CST registration is 10-15 working days.
Cost for CST
Cost varies from state to state therefore it cannot be put into range.