A webinar is a seminar or conference conducted over the internet. Webinars connect people over different locations to share information and interact. Meetings, workshops, educational lectures can be done through webinars. Webinars can also be recorded and later shown, but this eliminates the interaction. They include power point presentations, videos, and interactive question answers.
Why use webinars?
Businesses can use webinar for the following reasons:
- Promotion of products: a business house can host a webinar to promote a product wherein a video clip can be showed regarding the product and then redirect to the purchase page.
- Build contacts: a webinar is great to introduce a business in the industry and make contacts with customers. It helps in building a brand name.
- Make an impression: webinars put a business ahead in the industry. It puts the business into direct interaction with users and helps build up an image for itself.
- Communication with clients: webinars prove to be direct and better communication with clients and help build up a relationship with them. Client training sessions, product release updates and question answer sessions provide a platform to grow a personal relation with clients.
- Adds value to business: webinars create a global presence for the business. It creates a big global market and enables to handle employees from remote places.
- Sales lead: with webinars the company can turn the participants into customers. This gives them a lead in the sale of their products.
- Low expense: webinars require very low cost to set up and are a lot cheaper than the traditional seminars. It also eliminates the cost for travel.
- Profit: when business expertise in topics related to industry, they can charge a sum for viewing the webinar to viewers.
What are the advantages of using webinars? (more…)
Viral marketing is a technique to use pre-existing social networking sites to increase brand awareness. It is a technique where a company cleverly induces users to pass on their advertising in forms of jokes, memes, videos and games. This type of marketing simply relies on users sharing the content. It can be categorized into intensive based, pass along based, trend based and undercover based.
A viral message too therefore, needs to be captivating, interesting, sufficiently attractive and social to be passed along on various sites. The content is the king.
What are the basics to be followed for successful viral marketing?
For successful viral marketing, three basic criteria must be met. They are:
- Messenger: market maven, social hub and salesperson are required to make a message viral. Market mavens are the persons who identify a message and turn it to their immediate social networks. Social hubs are network builders who know a thousand people and connect different sub cultures. Salesperson is the mediator who transforms the message from the maven to a more persuasive one and then forwards it to the social hub. These three messengers play the most crucial part by transforming an ordinary message to a viral one.
- Message: a message should be interesting, captivating and memorable to be passed along. It should be engaging and unique and at the same time, it should compel users to share it. It must earn the “must-see” tag.
- Environment: it refers to the correct time and occasion for a certain message. A message on the wrong time can prove to be disastrous.
Payment Gateway is the door to accept customer payment and to ensure that funds are available for payment to eCommerce. Online business needs an online procedure to accept payments from customers. There has been an increase in the number of payment gateways since the inception of eCommerce businesses. Previously the setting up of payment gateways involved a lot of lengthy procedures. But now, it has become quite easy as it involves only a few steps.
However, as there are numerous gateway options, it becomes difficult to select one. The following criteria will help a business zero-in on one payment gateway.
Mobile marketing is a very important part of digital marketing. As the use of smartphones have increased in recent years, they prove to be great for marketing and also tracking customer behaviour. Mobile marketing is done through smart phones. It provides time and location sensitivity and personalized information.
What are its advantages?
Smart phones have become a necessity and no longer a luxury item. Everyone who can spend a little over RS. 1500 can get their hands on a smart phone. With this increased popularity has grown the marketing industry. Advertisements through mobiles are the most significant one and most convertible as people spend maximum time on their mobile devices. The various other advantages are: (more…)
E-mail marketing is the marketing through use of emails. E-mails are generally broad casted to addresses in the database. Emails are used to send ads, requests business, promote sales. These emails contain images, graphics, and banner with text which inform the recipient about the business.
Why is it used?
E-mail marketing is essential tool of marketing as it enhances business and makes possible retargeting. E-mails are sent to new and existing customers. Not just promotions, emails regarding feedbacks and survey reviews are also conducted to establish a stronger bond with the customer. It increases loyalty, and convinces customers to buy again.
What are the advantages? (more…)
Search engine optimization is the way by which websites are found on the search engine. It is also unpaid for, i.e. it is ‘organic’, ‘natural’ results. On search, if a website appears on the first page or on a higher ranking, more people will visit the sites as they are assumed to be more relevant to those at the bottom or next page. Correct keywords are essential for the website to appear on the searched page. It is important to edit the content and HTML coding to make the keywords more relevant for the search engine to find and display them.
How SEO works? (more…)
Digital marketing is a method to promote a brand name via online support. As we live in a digital world, it is very essential to keep the brand visible online.
Why digital marketing is required?
Digital marketing keeps the brand in current mind of the customer. It enables easy access to customers. It helps to verify products and recheck. It is very important in today’s market to provide freedom to customers, to choose from various platforms.
What advantages digital marketing provides?
- Spread of awareness through online social portals.
- Omnipresence: it allows the company to be approachable to the customer by both online and offline means.
- It provides a platform for personalised service, professional help to customers.
- It allows the customer to leave feedback which is very essential to the company.
- Receiving and interacting to both positive and negative feedbacks create a good impression in the eyes of the customer.
- Quick and easy online interaction between the customer and company.
- Monitoring the feedbacks to judge the behavioural pattern of the customers.
- Using the social media to engage old customers and new customers to heighten the online word-of-mouth suggestion.
What are the mediums of digital marketing?
Content marketing is the creation of content and using the same for marketing or publishing. It is shared over social media, emails, and smses. Content must be creative, relevant and interesting to be shared and attract customer. It is a consistent process. It is basically giving information to users who would turn their preference on us eventually and engage in business. It acts as a tool to earn trust and loyalty. Correct information will induce users to come back to the site and thereby turn them to customers.
What is quality content?
Quality content refers to the content which is relevant, interesting, and precise and intriguing. The content must compel the reader to read it. It must be captivating and should connect with the reader in order to be effective. Quality content is used in all forms of digital marketing. It is the backbone for digital marketing and therefore the most important part.
What are its advantages? (more…)
Facebook (fb) is the most famous and easy means of social media. Its platform can be used to maximum potential to draw audience and convert customers.
Things to keep in mind-
- Use the Facebook page link in all websites, emails, visiting cards and any other means of contact.
- Remember the following: what the target customer has in common? What is the age of the customer? How can we help them?
- To build contacts- share the page, encourage friends to share, ask contacts to share, check build audience option
- Create interesting and useful posts so that audience shares and reads as well.
- Share what is authentic to us, give instant replies on comments n messages, if response needs time, let the customer know that it will take time. Post regularly and fix a time to upload posts.
- If a post garners attention and becomes successful, use it as promotion.
- Facebook pages manager app helps manage page
- Facebook page insight helps to guide using Facebook
- Pin on top option in the right top corner puts the post at the top of the news feed page.
- Embedded post option links the Facebook page to the website of the company.
Facebook advert (more…)
A bank loan syndicate is when more than one bank comes forward to give loan to a particular borrower. Generally, the loan amount is huge and therefore, the pooling in of banks becomes essential. The documentation and formalities involved in this process is same as the normal loan procedure.
Why loan syndicate is required?
The syndicate loan came into being because certain loan amounts which the borrowers wanted from banks surpassed the limit of the lender’s capacity. It becomes much easier and risk free for multiple banks to sanction small loans which in turn becomes a huge amount for the borrower.
What are the advantages of loan syndication?
- Reduced risk for individual lenders: the risk is divided among all the loan givers and one institution does not have to bear the risk of losing money.
- Simple process to find lenders: the borrower invites bids for syndication. Borrower mentions the required fund, currency and period of loan, etc. Then one bank takes up the responsibility to syndicate the loan by arranging for co lenders. This way, the borrower does not have to find each lender.
- Chances of obtaining the loan higher for borrower: the lender arranges for the loan in either best-effort or underwriting. Both ways, the borrower is assured to get the loan.
- Faster payment and repayment process
- Certainty and flexibility: lenders can sell their portion to other interested lenders.
How many parties are involved in the loan syndicate?
Parties involved in a loan syndicate are: (more…)