A webinar is a seminar or conference conducted over the internet. Webinars connect people over different locations to share information and interact. Meetings, workshops, educational lectures can be done through webinars. Webinars can also be recorded and later shown, but this eliminates the interaction. They include power point presentations, videos, and interactive question answers.
Why use webinars?
Businesses can use webinar for the following reasons:
- Promotion of products: a business house can host a webinar to promote a product wherein a video clip can be showed regarding the product and then redirect to the purchase page.
- Build contacts: a webinar is great to introduce a business in the industry and make contacts with customers. It helps in building a brand name.
- Make an impression: webinars put a business ahead in the industry. It puts the business into direct interaction with users and helps build up an image for itself.
- Communication with clients: webinars prove to be direct and better communication with clients and help build up a relationship with them. Client training sessions, product release updates and question answer sessions provide a platform to grow a personal relation with clients.
- Adds value to business: webinars create a global presence for the business. It creates a big global market and enables to handle employees from remote places.
- Sales lead: with webinars the company can turn the participants into customers. This gives them a lead in the sale of their products.
- Low expense: webinars require very low cost to set up and are a lot cheaper than the traditional seminars. It also eliminates the cost for travel.
- Profit: when business expertise in topics related to industry, they can charge a sum for viewing the webinar to viewers.
What are the advantages of using webinars?
- Saves time
- Cost effective
- Brand awareness
- Brand promotion
- Image building
How to host webinars through Google+ hangout?
Create a hangout on the Google+ page. Fill in required information on the pop-up window. Click on share.
Design webinar. A webinar can be customized with trailers and PowerPoint Presentations. A theme may also be setup. Two apps are very important – Q&A and SHOWCASE.
Q&A lets audience interact in question answer sessions. Showcase allows sharing links to articles, purchasing pages etc.
Invite audience. Audience can be invited by 3 ways.
- Invite manually from the invite option on hangout
- Share links to event page for interested attendees
- Embed the link to webinar on posts
Broadcast the webinar. Make sure all apps are working fine. Click on start button on hangout page. Screen share button allows showing any content on your page to the attendees. With the start broadcast, you can go live.
Download your webinar. Having finished the webinar, if one would like to put it up on YouTube, the recording can be edited; subtitles can be added and then uploaded on YouTube.