Search engine optimization is the way by which websites are found on the search engine. It is also unpaid for, i.e. it is ‘organic’, ‘natural’ results. On search, if a website appears on the first page or on a higher ranking, more people will visit the sites as they are assumed to be more relevant to those at the bottom or next page. Correct keywords are essential for the website to appear on the searched page. It is important to edit the content and HTML coding to make the keywords more relevant for the search engine to find and display them.
How SEO works?
SEO are text driven, their ranking depends on the text provided by the content of the website.
The crawler crawls the page, i.e. it searches the page to find relevant information. They are also called spiders. After crawling, the next step is indexing. Indexing involves identifying the best word or phrases to assign them to keywords. When a search request comes, it is processed. The pages in the database are compared to find the best relevant page to be displayed. Relevancy is calculated by various algorithms. The last step is retrieving, i.e. displaying the list on the web page.
What are the advantages of SEO ?
The advantages of SEO are as below:
- Increase in traffic: with proper working of the SEO, a website can position itself on the top searched results. Being on top, it will be more relevant and will be visited by more people, increasing traffic.
- Cost effectiveness: SEO is much more cost effective for people who are looking for products/services online.
- Site usability: SEO helps make a website better navigable for the user and thus suggest changes to make the website user friendly. This not just helps search engine crawlers to find the page but also help users find information on the page.
- Brand awareness: being found on the top of the search page holds a reputation of being the most relevant site and thus builds a brand out of it. It also earns trust and increases exposure to the website.
Why SEO are required?
SEO is required for the following reason:
- Cost effective: the minimal cost spent on SEO is highly effective, provided it is managed well.
- SEOs work great: SEO are being improved day by day and have been working greatly, giving excellent results for proper users.
- Long existence: as SEO is the most important tool for search engine reading, it has longevity and is not expected to end any time soon.
- Increased search on the internet: with increase in sale of mobile handsets, the use of search engines have increased rapidly. Without SEO, it will be very hard to obtain desired search results.
- Local search optimization: it is a way to rank higher on the local search result. According to the locality of the user, his search results are viewed.
What is the procedure of SEO?
The following steps help make a successful SEO for the website.
Step 1: Market analysis
- Keyword nomination
- Web analytics
- Competitive analysis
Step 2: research and development of keywords
- Keyword analysis
- Goal and objective
- Ranking assessment
Step 3: optimization of content
- Page titles
- Selected keywords on proper places
Step 4: test and alter
- Test: test the website for ranking and optimize when required
- Alter: any alteration needed for better optimization are required
- Maintain: increase in keywords and content help maintain the position of the site