Mobile marketing is a very important part of digital marketing. As the use of smartphones have increased in recent years, they prove to be great for marketing and also tracking customer behaviour. Mobile marketing is done through smart phones. It provides time and location sensitivity and personalized information.
What are its advantages?
Smart phones have become a necessity and no longer a luxury item. Everyone who can spend a little over RS. 1500 can get their hands on a smart phone. With this increased popularity has grown the marketing industry. Advertisements through mobiles are the most significant one and most convertible as people spend maximum time on their mobile devices. The various other advantages are:
- Accurate target marketing
- Effective Two-way communication
- Low cost
- Mobile payment
- Instant feedback
- Direct contact
- Fast conversion
- Direct marketing
- Mass communication
What are its types?
- SMS: this refers to obtaining phone numbers of people and sending them text messages which are highly convertible.
- Push notifications: push notifications appear on the mobile screen inducing a person to react to it, which compels one to read it even if to dismiss it.
- Mobile search ads: when someone searches on Google, these ads appear along with the results.
- Mms: a mms ad contains slideshows, images, text or even videos.
- App-based marketing: these are the ads that appear on the applications on a mobile phone. All apps show ads. These ads can be made by Google AdMob.
- In-game adverting: games are one of those things for which people buy smart phones. Blinking ads appear on the screen just beside the game, sometimes video clips and even full poster banners appear.
- QR codes: these need to be scanned from a 2-d image and leads to a website without having to type the URL.
- Location based services (LBS): these ads appear according to the location saved in one’s phone. An ad of local or near business appears according to relevance.