Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) Registration in India
It is introduced to keep track of collection, processing, monitoring and accounting of direct taxes by IT. It is a number allotted by Commercial tax department of different States. It’s an eleven digit number to be mentioned in all VAT transactions and correspondence. TIN number is used to identify dealers registered under VAT.
Who should register for TIN?
TIN number registration is required for Manufacturers, Traders, Exporters and Dealers. When new registration is undertaken under VAT or Central Sales Tax a new TIN will be allotted under registration number. The TIN number should appear on all Quotations/Orders/Invoices by both Sender and Receiver.
What is the procedure of TIN registration?
- Fill up the TIN registration form along with the following documents:
- ID Proof / Address proof / PAN card of proprietor with six photographs
- Address proof of Business premises
- 1st Sale / Purchase Invoice, copy of LR/GR & payment/collection proof with bank statement
- This may differ slightly from State to State.
- After these documents are checked and scrutinized, a unique TIN number is provided to applicant.
Time taken for TIN
It takes 14-20 working days to get TIN.
Cost for TIN
Cost ranges from 3000-5000 INR (approx)