Value Added Tax or VAT return has to be filed ,when we pay VAT (Value Added Tax). A private company must file return each month whereas, partnerships, LLP, and proprietorship needs to pay quarterly. VAT (Value Added Tax) return must be filed on the 20th of each month for the preceding month.
What things are required for filing VAT(Value Added Tax) return ?
The things needed to be done for VAT (Value Added Tax) return are as follows.
- TIN (Tax Idenfication Number).
- User id and password.
- Change password after logging in for the first time.
- Have required software to fill up the e-return form (the client software is available at the site of Directorate of Commercial Tax)
What is the process to file VAT return?
- Log in to the site of the Directorate of Commercial Tax of your state
- Download PDF version of Form 14D, it is in zipped format mostly
- The downloaded form and annexure need to be filled in properly and checked
- Create xml file of the filled forms by using the downloaded software
- Check the declaration check box before uploading the file
- Login again
- Upload the xml file and annexure
- Rectify if any mistakes occur
- Click submit, an acknowledgement receipt is displayed
- Print receipt if required
Cost of VAT return
Vendors charge approximately 800-1500 for monthly return filing.