Digital marketing is a method to promote a brand name via online support. As we live in a digital world, it is very essential to keep the brand visible online.
Why digital marketing is required?
Digital marketing keeps the brand in current mind of the customer. It enables easy access to customers. It helps to verify products and recheck. It is very important in today’s market to provide freedom to customers, to choose from various platforms.
What advantages digital marketing provides?
- Spread of awareness through online social portals.
- Omnipresence: it allows the company to be approachable to the customer by both online and offline means.
- It provides a platform for personalised service, professional help to customers.
- It allows the customer to leave feedback which is very essential to the company.
- Receiving and interacting to both positive and negative feedbacks create a good impression in the eyes of the customer.
- Quick and easy online interaction between the customer and company.
- Monitoring the feedbacks to judge the behavioural pattern of the customers.
- Using the social media to engage old customers and new customers to heighten the online word-of-mouth suggestion.
What are the mediums of digital marketing?
- Email: the email must have a casual tone about it, so that it captivates the interest in an instant. Use of jargon should be avoided. Simple and clear images to bring out the messages should be used. The picture must not confuse the customer.
- Internet forums: these are online discussion sites where messages are posted. The posts are monitored by a moderator and needs to be approved before becoming visible.
- Search engine marketing: this is a paid form of marketing. The company needs to pay the site where it wants to advertise itself. It is a costly way to advertise. Not suitable for new businesses.
- Game advertising: it is basically replacing the ads by digital games. It attracts more customers as the customers get pleasure out of it, unlike ads.
- Online PR: this mainly comprises of video advertising. When people see video in YouTube, he ad video can be played either before the video is played, after or in the middle. It acts like virtual word of mouth.
- Social media: making one’s presence felt through social networking sites.
- Twitter(has disadvantages since only 140 characters are allowed)
What are the latest strategies and developments in digital marketing?
- Segmentation: to narrow the market to aptly attract the target customers.
- Influencer marketing: this focuses on second hand feedback and opinions. An influencer community needs to be created where the product can be passed on to the influencers, and they in turn can reach the target customers. Eg- Facebook, blogs.
- Online behavioral advertising: collecting the user’s online activity over a period of time in order to deliver ads the next time they visit a website.
- Collaborative environment: generating user generated content by interacting with the customers to help serve them better.
- Re-marketing: showing ads again and again to those customers who have searched for similar products online.
How to increase effectiveness?
- Providing interesting mail titles. A captivating title differentiates the mail from the rest of the junk in the inbox of the customer.
- Customer exclusivity: keeping a list of special customers who can be given special selected offers and promotions according to previous buyer’s behaviour. It allows building up loyalty over e-mail.
What is the difference between digital marketing and digital branding?
Digital marketing is showing a brand to people repeatedly and instilling in them the need to buy something or purchase. Whereas digital branding is strictly giving a name to a product and building up a brand, i.e. a goodwill or a name by which the company or product can be recognised easily. Both use the online platform, therefore both are digital.
What are the most important areas of digital marketing?
The most significant areas to focus for successful digital marketing are:
- Email email marketing
- Pay per click
- Pay per view
- Reputation management
- Social media
- Search engine optimization
- Paid ads
- Sales tools